Manning Advisors is pleased to announce the publication of its 2017 Global Trends in Medical Device and Diagnostic OEM Strategy and Implications for the Supply Chain. As in past years we looked at the major issues facing medical device OEMs and how those issues drive their relationship with their suppliers. Our findings this year include:
Medical Device OEMs focusing on improved organic growth
- 2016 saw major OEMs relying heavily on acquisitions to improve revenues
- OEMs see the eventual end of needle-moving acquisitions and are focusing on how to accelerate organic growth
- Fee-for-value reimbursement and growing use of informatics are leading to redesign of product suites
The Supply Chain is consolidating around fewer, larger players
- The supply chain is also consolidating via acquisitions
- OEMs are embracing risk reduction by working with larger supply chain partners
- The new threat to existing supply chain companies is the penetration of the market by giant global contract manufacturers like Flextronics and Celestica
- Opportunity exists for smaller, nimble players who can assist OEMs in bring product to market more quickly
- Opportunity also exists for specialized manufacturers
You may obtain a PDF copy of the presentation here. As always, feel free to contact me to discuss the issues or to arrange for an onsite presentation to your Board or management team. I look forward to an intriguing discussion.
You may reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (585) 315-8413 directly.
Richard W. Sager, Managing Director
Manning Advisors LLC